Internal / External
Contract to March 15, 2022
About FNTI (First Nations Technical Institute)
Since establishment in 1985, over 4000 students have graduated successfully from FNTI with certificates, diplomas and degrees, granted in partnership with Ontario’s Colleges and Universities. An Indigenous post-secondary institution, FNTI offers programs targeted at Indigenous learners across a wide range of post-secondary disciplines including aviation, health, business, and public administration. FNTI delivers programming locally through its main campus in Tyendinaga on Ontario’s beautiful Bay of Quinte, as well as in numerous community locations throughout Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager, Systems and Support, the e-Learning Technician, creates an educational experience for learners that successfully teaches them new information and improves their skill level on our various software. As part of the design, development, and training process, the e-Learning Technician assesses training deliverables, defines learning objectives, creates e-Learning content, supports the implementation of training, coordinates uploads to the LMS (Learning Management System), delivers training, and evaluates the effectiveness. As a part of the IT Department, the e-Learning Technician works closely with colleagues and managers to determine requirements throughout the training process and is committed to continuous learning and development.
- Deliver and facilitate training in person and through virtual platforms such as Zoom;
- Participate in needs assessment and contribute to the planning of E-Learning projects, including the estimation of anticipated resources and timeline;
- Structure, review, and edit educational and training material and propose revisions for improvement;
- Write, create, and adapt reference material such as flowcharts, scripts, and storyboard templates, for the production of curriculum and training content;
- Write and create documentation (guide-sheets, videos, etc.) as well as training and orientation modules for use by SMEs, instructors, and learners; and
- Other duties as required
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field
- A Degree or diploma in an education-related or design-related field would be an asset
- Experience with applications such as Office 365, SharePoint, video-conferencing platforms such as zoom, D2L Brightspace, Adobe Captivate, etc.
- Experience in planning, preparing and delivering training
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, including the ability to understand and convey complex technical information in simple terms
- Ability to communicate and interpret complex requests, and implement them on a timely basis
- Ability to work well independently and take initiative
- Ability to work on multiple tasks independently with little direction
- Working experience with Learning Management Systems is a definite asset
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Principles (Andragogy)
Conditions of Employment:
- Successful candidates must provide a satisfactory CPIC
- Willing and able to telework and have access to high speed internet connection
Please forward your cover letter, resume, and two references by June 24, 2021 to:
Samantha Souliere, HR Manager
All qualified applicants are welcome to apply, however FNTI provides preference to those applicants with Indigenous ancestry who self-identify.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.