The CICan Paul and Gerri Charette Bursary Program provides financial support to students who demonstrate financial need and often face greater challenges and barriers to participate and complete post-secondary education.
Note: This must be the first time that the student will be attending a post-secondary institution.
- The student is enrolled full time in the first or second year of a multi-year program at a CICan member institution.
- The student must be a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, permanent resident, or a protected person.
- Students attending colleges or institutes in rural, remote, or northern areas will be given preference for the 20 bursaries of up to $5,000 each.
- Students must submit the application below by September 22, 2023 in order to express their interest and justify their need for financial support.
- Application questions: supply data-driven responses when possible, and always keep the focus on the application to help the reviewer understand the key element(s) being highlighted.
- Testimonials: use these three opportunities to provide multiple points of view by requesting a testimonial from both campus and community leaders, and from different levels and/or departments within the campus.
- Student essay: This essay holds weight with reviewers so be specific, be clear, and be bold! Please remember to focus on the following:
- financial need;
- challenges and barriers to attending a college or institute;
- community involvement