FNTI is Going Virtual for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
Our world has never needed Indigenous education more than it does right now.
Radical changes in safety, political and societal conditions are putting extreme pressure on communities around the globe. By staying rooted and grounded in our culture, we can find ways to live in a Good Way to the benefit of ourselves, our families and our communities.
After extensive consultation with all of our stakeholder groups, an evaluation of our capacity matched with our prioritizing access to uninterrupted, culturally-grounded Indigenous post-secondary education, FNTI has determined that we will deliver all 2020-2021 classes virtually for most of our college programs*. We have made this choice in order to mitigate the risk to our communities, who may have a higher vulnerability to the COVID-19 virus.
What students need to know:
- Your virtual delivery learning experience with FNTI will continue to be supported by instructors, cultural advisors/elders and student success facilitators in every single classroom. Extensive wraparound supports will be aligned to meet the needs of our students in cultural and holistic ways.
- On average, you will take two courses each month between September 2020 and May 2021; depending on the courses, classes may be collapsed into one week, or they may extend over a two-week period. Your official schedule will be communicated upon registration.
- Class instruction will take place over the Zoom platform, a free online medium accessible through any internet-enabled device. Classes are delivered live during weeks of instruction and are also recorded for additional access.
- FNTI has invested in a learning management system to improve the student experience – the system is easy to use and will allow students to access schedules/important dates, resources, assignments, and overall communication to and from FNTI.
- FNTI will continue to engage the support of community members for our program deliveries in order to ensure that Indigenous Knowledge, Indigenous ways of knowing and understanding the world are embedded in our programming.
Thank you for understanding -- we are all in this together and continuing to improve ourselves through education is crucial.
Questions? We are here for you – please contact our recruiting team at email@example.com or 800.267.0637, ext. 156.
The FNTI Team
*The First Peoples’ Aviation Technology – Flight program has alternate delivery plans and university programs delivery will be guided by partnering institutions.