Under the direction of the Vice President of Academics; the Field Placement Coordinator is responsible for coordinating field placements for students in all post-secondary programs in cooperation with Programs Coordinator, Faculty, and Student Success Facilitators.
The Placement Coordinator will contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of a Field Placement Program for FNTI students, in collaboration with FNTI Administration, Faculty and Partners and will be responsible for the development and maintenance of a database of appropriate employer and commercial/industrial contacts and student placements.
The Placement Coordinator will demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills in dealing with internal and external contacts.
The key responsibilities of the Field Placement Coordinator will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates the overall field placement process.
- Provides Operational and Admin Support.
- Acts as a resource to students, faculty, cultural advisors, and placement agencies.
- Liaise with other members of the Programs Team and FNTI staff;
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of two-year diploma or certificate in a relevant field or related; or A combination of education, training and experience which FNTI deems to be equivalent.
- Experience in an Indigenous educational setting is an asset.
- Preference will be given to candidates with certification or designation in employment counselling working with diverse clients.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of FIPPA (Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act).
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to use sound judgement and discretion, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, O365, Internet and other web-based systems.
- Ability to work independently with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- FNTI provides preference to those applicants with Aboriginal Ancestry (Aboriginal Employment Preferences Policy)
Please forward cover letter, resume, and two references, by August 26, 2019 at 12:00 pm