We incorporate Indigenous worldviews, knowledge and values into all aspects of FNTI. In addition to being Indigenous owned and governed, and primarily employing Aboriginal faculty and staff, FNTI:
- Creates culturally-rich learning environments – Elders are very involved in learning sessions and ceremonies, celebrations, circles and traditional activities are integrated into learning experiences.
- Promotes Indigenous cultural practices and learning methodologies in the classroom.
- Implements Indigenous Learning Outcomes in all curricula.
- Ensures Indigenous learners see themselves and their realities reflected in the curriculum, course delivery & support services.
- Promotes Indigenous perspectives by including Elders, Indigenous professionals, alumni and community representatives on Program Advisory Committees.
- Provides learner, staff and faculty access to its newly-created Cultural Resource Room at the Old York Road Campus.
Learn About "The Three Sisters."