August 4, 2020 – March 31, 2021
About FNTI (First Nations Technical Institute)
Since establishment in 1985, over 2000 students have graduated successfully from FNTI with certificates, diplomas and degrees, granted in partnership with Ontario’s Colleges and Universities. An Indigenous post-secondary institution, FNTI offers programs targeted at Indigenous learners across a wide range of post-secondary disciplines including aviation, health, business, and public administration. FNTI delivers programming locally through its main campus in Tyendinaga on Ontario’s beautiful Bay of Quinte, as well as in numerous community locations throughout Ontario.
The Facilities/Maintenance Assistant is responsible for performing a wide variety of cleaning and minor maintenance duties in order to provide a healthy, safe, and sanitary environment. This position will work closely with other caretaking staff, FNTI staff, and will report directly to the Facilities Manager.
- • Clean and maintain work areas; including removing and disposing of garbage from wastebaskets, dusting
- • Vacuum and mop floors
- • Maintain washrooms; clean, replace supplies as needed
- • Maintain kitchen facilities; clean coffee machines, mop floors, replace supplies as needed
- • Clean windows and doors
- • Remove snow and debris from walkways, stairways, and entrances
- • Ensure buildings are secure; turn off lights and activate alarm systems
- • Respond to staff requests and prepare facilities for daily operations
- • Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- • Experience with industrial/office cleaning procedures
- • Valid Ontario class ‘G’ drivers license
- • Knowledge of WHMIS
- • FNTI provides preference to those applicants with Indigenous Ancestry. (Aboriginal Employment Preferences Policy)
Please forward your cover letter, resume, and two references, by July 30 at 4:00 p.m. to:
Samantha Souliere – Human Resources Manager
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.