Internal / External
Vice-President, Enrolment Management and Student Services
Full Time position
About FNTI (First Nations Technical Institute)
Since establishment in 1985, over 4000 students have graduated successfully from FNTI with certificates, diplomas and degrees, granted in partnership with Ontario’s Colleges and Universities. An Indigenous post-secondary institution, FNTI offers programs targeted at Indigenous learners across a wide range of post-secondary disciplines including aviation, health, business, and public administration. FNTI delivers programming locally through its main campus in Tyendinaga on Ontario’s beautiful Bay of Quinte, as well as in numerous community locations throughout Ontario.
The Vice-President, Enrolment Management and Student Services ensures that FNTI maintains an optimal level of enrolment and retention through the design and delivery of innovative and responsive learner-centered practices, processes and programming that support the Institute’s mission and promote learner success.
- As a member of the senior executive team, the VP works collaboratively with other senior administrators and managers of the Institute, including academic, human resources, finance and facilities, to ensure the development and delivery of a comprehensive student support system.
- The VP provides vision, strategic direction, leadership, financial management, supervision and evaluation of all activities and services impacting short and long-term Enrolment goals and the creation of a supportive learning environment.
- Responsibilities include analyzing and evaluating annual strategic and targeted enrollment needs; developing and delivering retention strategies; developing, delivering and evaluating a recruitment strategy, in response to the Institute’s enrolment management plan; establishing and maintaining partnerships with educational institutions, business, industry and governments at community, local, provincial and national levels.
- As an advocate for learners, the VP communicates their needs and concerns and represents their interests at the senior level.
Qualifications & Core Competencies:
- Demonstrated experience as an educator and as an executive or senior manager in an Indigenous environment
- Experience with current best practices in enrollment management, admission, and retention processes
- A post-graduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated leadership in recruiting students of all dimensions of diversity with a proven track record of successfully attracting and retaining qualified students to a post-secondary institution would be a definite asset
- Proven financial management and fundraising experience
- Innovative, problem-solving change agent
- Seasoned team-builder with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A proven record of success in setting priorities, allocating resources and achieving specific goals
- Clear commitment to enhancing and supporting an inclusive community in which all members of the community are respected and valued.
- Knowledge and understanding of current and emerging technology related to recruitment and retention
- Proven record of dynamic, collaborative, proactive, visionary, and ethical leadership as well as professional integrity and discretion
- Considerable lived, practical and relevant working experience of Indigenous issues
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to work flexible hours when required
- Valid “G” Ontario driver’s licence and willingness and ability to travel
- A satisfactory CPIC and vulnerable sector clearance must be met
- The successful candidate will be required to telework for an unspecified period of their employment
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, however FNTI provides preference to those applicants with Indigenous ancestry who self identify
Confidential review of applications will begin in February, and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should provide a resume or curriculum vitae, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references. References will not be contacted without prior knowledge and approval of candidates. Please have all requested documentation submitted by March 1, 2021 to:
Samantha Souliere, HR Manager
Full job description available upon request
Please visit our website to learn more about our organization at www.fnti.net
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.